Monday Meditation: Artful Living and Inspiration Update

Spring has Sprung!
It's the time of year when the sun moves into the sign of Aries, and is also considered the time of the astrological new year. We tend to feel energized and ready to get up and move as the days get warmer and longer.

Jar by Touch of the Goddess
It's been awhile since I've posted a Monday Meditation. I've been busy working on my theme of "Living Artfully" for the past couple of months, and finding that this theme is teaching me lessons about what it means to live an artful life that I didn't expect when I chose it.


For example, taking care of my health. In January, I really wasn't feeling well at all. I'd gained quite a bit of weight over the past several months, and I hadn't made changes in my diet or exercise. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with "hypothyroidism."  My doctor prescribed "nature throid" and also put me on blood pressure medicine. I made big changes to my diet, removing gluten and all processed foods, and in 2 months, I've lost 12 lbs. I feel a lot better, and am working with fitness expert, Brian Cassick , to get myself back on track.
Brian Cassick Fitness


I also got inspired by Bernie Sanders, and became a volunteer for his campaign. While it's been an interesting experience, it's taken up a lot of my time, and I've backed off quite a bit from my virile campaigning. I'm still totally supporting him, but I have to stay focused on my theme as well.

I've become inspired to do traditionally artful things as well. For example, I've redecorated my entire bedroom in what I'm calling a "Pagan-Boho" style. I'm not sure if I'll share that or not. I'm really proud of what I did, but I also see that as sacred space at the moment.

Some of you will also notice that I've changed the look and feel of this blog and its Facebook page as well. I wanted to focus more on the nature of witchcraft, rather than the cutesy-cartoon feel that I've traditionally gone with in the past. Beginning in April, the Daily Tarot and Magic Guides will also change to something new on the Facebook page.

I'm about to embark on pyrography and mandalas very soon. I'll share some of my successes and mistakes as I go through the process. I am going to be posting a book review for Weiser Books here soon, and will try to get back to Witchy Wednesdays as soon as possible. My great American novel is still in the 'thinking' stages, but not to worry- I'll decide soon.


All in all, Spring is starting off very productively. How about you? Did you choose a theme for the year? If so, what have you been doing with it? If not, what inspires you?

 I'd love to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Witches are your best friends- we worship the ground you walk upon! Be patient when posting; comments are moderated, so it may take some time for your comment to appear :)