Goodbye Secret Life

My dearest friends,



2016 has been a difficult year for all of us. As we're in Mercury Retrograde and our end-of-year reflections, one of the issues for me has been to make a decision about The Secret Life of the American witch. The domain name runs out tomorrow, December 25, and I've decided it's time to let it go and move on.


I've been blogging under this for many years. I started in 2009, under "The Secret Life of the American Working Witch," because so many of the witchy-type blogs were from stay-at-home moms, and I wanted to represent those of us who worked outside the home. After awhile, it just seemed cumbersome. In 2013, I decided to try something new, and open up the "Imramma" site, which just never really felt like home. I returned to my 'roots' here, where it's been both a boon and a bane.


This blog has been a major catalyst in growth for me, and I believe it's been a tool to educate and entertain others. Lately, I haven't been blogging like I used to. My life this year has been a roller-coaster ride of joys and disappointments, which would normally lead me to write about it all. This year, I've been focused on my health, my family, and on closure. It's a number 9 year for me, and I've seen quite a few endings. This is simply one more. While it's difficult to let go, it's a necessary conclusion.


I've decided to write at kallankennedy.com. It's a work in progress right now, and I won't be officially opening it up until after the Mercury Rx. My Facebook page's name will also change to reflect this as well.

For my tarot and totem clients, I will still be serving you with readings. My plans are to continue the daily magic guide, to share articles of relevance to our Pagan community, to focus more on totems and to write more in the coming year. I have a few book ideas rattling around, and I may just pitch them to a publisher. Samhain's Sirens will be returning in October, and there are other interesting ideas on the horizon.

I hope you'll stay with me and share the new path to come. Thank you so much for your loving support over the years, and even for those few kicks in the pants that some of you are wont to deliver. I love you all more than I can express in words.

Sláinte,
Kallan

4 comments:

  1. It has a been amazing to watch the changes over the years. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kallan I have so enjoyed your blog. Much love to you and yours. May your adventures be fruitful and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do you, we'll adapt. Looking forward to your next internet incarnation ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will follow you "wherever" and wish you the best in your newest endeavor!

    ReplyDelete

Witches are your best friends- we worship the ground you walk upon! Be patient when posting; comments are moderated, so it may take some time for your comment to appear :)