Monday Meditation: On Friendship

I have a very large circle of friendly acquaintances, particularly online. I like their diversity, creativity, and intellectual curiosity. They are fun people with whom I interact regularly, and I very much enjoy each of them.

Then, I have a very small circle of close friends with whom I share deep feelings, conversations and bonds. These are people who have been there for me through thick and thin, year after year. They are my sisters and brothers. They are my wise counselors. They are my goofball gigglers. They know me better than my own family members, and they love me, anyway.

I admire each one of them. They give of themselves freely, and they don't wear masks with me. They are as similar and different as possibly could be to and from me, and yet, they mean more to me than I could ever express in words. No matter what, they support me and know that I am there for them, too. We don't have to talk every minute of every day for us to know that if there is a need, the other will be there... no hesitation, whatsoever.

We laugh together, we hurt together. We also kick each other in the backside when it's necessary. There's an honesty and trust that only time and trouble can forge.

They know who they are... and I want to thank them. But, I want to thank even the friendly acquaintances, too. I consider myself one of the luckiest people I know. I have an abundance of friends, regardless of their closeness. If you're reading this, you're most likely one of those people.

Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for caring enough to read my blogs, and for supporting whatever wild and crazy projects I come up with. Thank you for being uniquely you, and also having enough in common with me that we connect.

I send you love, hugs, and gratitude.

Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!
(Long life to you, a wet mouth, and death in Ireland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witches are your best friends- we worship the ground you walk upon! Be patient when posting; comments are moderated, so it may take some time for your comment to appear :)